Why am I receiving more than one bill for the same surgery?
There are a number of separate charges associated with your surgical procedure. You MAY receive charges from several companies.
- Blue Ridge Surgery Center – facility fee for your surgical procedure.
- Your surgeon’s office – his/her fee for performing your surgery.
- Anesthesiologist – his/her fee for anesthesia services for surgery.
- Radiology – services for x-ray, if required.
- Pathology – services for tissue specimens removed during surgery requiring further examination.
- Laboratory – services for laboratory tests run on specimens removed during surgery.
What type of credit cards do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express and CareCredit. CareCredit extends longterm healthcare financing for 6,12, 24 or 36-month periods with reduced APR and fixed monthly payments. You are welcome to visit the CareCredit website at: www.carecredit.com to pre-apply for their services before your date of surgery. We accept checks with a valid identification.
When should I expect my first bill?
We will bill you any balance due after your insurance company has paid your claim. There may be a delay if your insurance company has paid us incorrectly and we have re-submitted your claim for a corrected payment and allowance determination.
Do you charge interest?
Are we able to set up a payment plan?
Please contact us in advance if you need to discuss payment options.
What is your credit and payment policy?
Unless arrangements are made in advance, full payment is due during registration on the day of surgery. Elective and cosmetic surgery procedures must be paid in full prior to your surgery date or at time of service.
We will submit insurance claims for you. We do request that your deductible and copay amounts are paid on or before your date of surgery. You will receive a financial orientation phone call from us regarding the amount to pay.
Self pay accounts are asked to pay the total estimated procedure on or before the day of surgery.